OMD FWD 27.02.17
Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of FWD. Oh la-la, it’s a week full of blasts from the mobile past, boredom detectors and hoverbikes called ‘scorpion’.
While we cover some of the opening developments at this year’s Mobile World Congress, please do share anything interesting you see via #OMDFWD (and note a MWC summary special will be in your inbox next week).
- Can a throwback inspire a comeback? Blackberry and Nokia are certainly hoping so
- Google and Microsoft agree to government plans on removing sites who infringe copyright, from search listings
- Instagram introduces a mini-photo album feature via a ‘swipeable’ carousel
- Who watches live video? Well, the majority of 18-34’s, that’s who
- Are you bored? Introducing a wearable headband can detect consumer boredom
- Positive nostalgia? How the 3310 revival has increased Nokia brand value by 62%
- Heaps of channel convergence, with BT Sport announcing its broadcast of live video game football, and Twitch will not just be streaming games, but selling them!
- Gaming is entrenching into the automotive sector too, with Audi entering the VR and sandbox gaming arena
- Introducing a drone that supports the weight of a man and is called ‘scorpion hoverbike’