OMD FWD 26.11.2018
Welcome to this week’s FWD on Cyber Monday 2018. Projections that the UK’s weekend sales will splurge over £7bn, we are all looking forward to the post room chaos that will take place this week as the office fills up with parcels.
- YouTube is introducing two skippable ads back-to-back called ‘ad pods’
- LinkedIn tests Snapchat stories style format called ‘student voices’
- Snapchat have released a new shopping channel, allowing consumers to make a purchase without leaving the app
- UK shoppers are choosing mobile to find Black Friday deals rather than going in-store
- Six ways YouTube is making Christmas more ‘Christmassy’
- What you need to know about Tik Tok the Chinese social network sensation taking the world by storm
- Twitter place the real John Lewis at the heart of their festive campaign
- Google helps to boost the high street by partnering with a start-up called Near St to help consumers see what is available in their local shops via the web
- Instagram is currently testing different ways for how profiles look on the platform, for both business and personal users
- Amazon Go and the future of brick & mortar shops
- Predictions within the industry says Netflix will get ads
- How the future of voice search could become monetised
If you see anything FWD-worthy then please share – just use #OMDFWD.