OMD FWD 21.08.17
Greetings FWD readers!
Whilst we all decide what tonight’s entertainment holds (it’s presumably a toss-up between witnessing the wonder of a solar eclipse or an already leaked episode of GoT), you can bask in the glory of the latest curated digital news.
- WhatsApp to add peer to peer payments function to the app
- From order to delivery in 120 seconds? Amazon soft rolls out its ‘Instant Pickup’ programme
- Home to 48m users globally, Reddit launches its own video player to increase user retention (and presumably, advertisers)
- An interesting report on the UK growth of the beauty market and how ‘Make Up’ searches are up 300%
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas; how Seasonal Shopping starts this Friday!
- How Formula One attempts to tap into a new, younger audience
- Eat what you like? How Heinz made social posts edible
- What is an ‘Actionmoji’? How the Solar Eclipse showcases the potential of SnapMaps
- How Nike made the outdated marketing scavenger hunt young again
- Facebook for the face? What Facebook’s patents tell us about their glasses product
- How Amazon have slowly built a vast collection of secret brands
- Microsoft’s speech recognition software is statistically on a par with ours
If you see anything FWD worthy in the week ahead, please share using #OMDFWD.