OMD FWD 21.05.19
As the internet has been lit up with Game of Thrones spoilers and the famous coffee cup debacle, the build up to the finale did not disappoint and delivered some misplaced plastic bottles – avid viewers were quick to point this out across social media. Also, this week Google Marketing Live took place with lots of exciting updates for the industry including 10 new marketing products.
- Google Marketing Live’s full agenda is here with links to watch from the event to learn more. Key outtakes are that there are now a lot more mobile ad opportunities and shopping ads coming to YouTube!
- Facebook prepares advertisers for when users clear their history it could affect targeting across the platform
- Facebook changes its algorithm to favour ‘worthwhile’ content and posts from close friends
- How Conde Nast have created waves on YouTube
- 5 of the hottest trends in marketing right now according to Forbes
- eMarketer charts the state of ad fraud
- Instagram has introduced the ‘shop’ feature in its Explore section
- Twitter is helping to dispel ‘fake news’ on their platform specifically around the anti-vaccination movement by adding a new warning on related searches which redirect users to the US Health Department for official information
- YouTube is currently testing a ‘bumper generator’ that will save advertisers having to create cut-down edits themselves