OMD FWD 17.12.18
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of FWD.
If you’re in need of an antidote to all the festive cheer around, here’s a powerful short film about the dark side of Christmas or failing that, a man in a costume prancing about pretending to be a high-tech robot.
- Facebook wants users to pay to watch HBO shows on its app. They’ve also relaunched Search ads and redesigned the Life Events feature
- Brands can take advantage of Instagram’s new countdown stickers to build hype around events. In a bid to compete with WhatsApp, Instagram has finally rolled out voice messages within Direct. Influencers using the Instagram platform can now access a special Influencers’ account
- Following a recent update, Amazon Echo speakers can now play your Apple Music collection
- Users can customise their dream car within Instagram Stories
- Adidas have used Snapchat’s AR to enable users to visualise the latest Ultra boost trainers on their feet prior to their official release
- Google’s Music Transformer AI uses machine learning to compose songs
- What lies ahead for social media in 2019?
- A 2018 roundup of the best live-streaming moments, highlights from the world of immersion and the key trending topics in technology
- Viewers’ attention continues to fracture, as 45% use a second screen whilst watching TV
- Google tried (and failed) to appeal to both creators and advertisers with YouTube’s Rewind – the footage quickly became the most disliked video in the platform’s history, beating Justin Bieber’s Baby
- Challenger brand Monzo disrupts the banking industry with its transparent, consumer-centric model
- Are chatbots a help or a hindrance to tackling mental health issues?