OMD FWD 13.11.17
Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of OMD FWD. Temperatures are dropping and the big Christmas TV ads have all been released over the last week, so the festive season is well and truly upon us. And what better gift than another FWD email!
Included this week are Twitter’s expansion, how GDPR is about more than just data and what are the best tech-toys to buy your kids this Christmas.
As ever, please tag and share anything you spot with #OMDFWD.
- Twitter expands its character limit from 140 to 280 to help users express themselves more deeply
- Apple’s ‘Everyone Can Code’ initiative expands beyond the U.S.
- Instagram tests letting you follow hashtags instead of people
- 71% of school students say that they’ve taken a ‘digital detox’ from social media channels, a study finds
- Alibaba’s $25.3bn sales figure for ‘Singles’ Day’ dwarfs 2016’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined
- Social listening looks set to grow in importance as technology improves
- Facebook’s newly re-branded ‘Facebook Local’ app will help you discover bars, restaurants, and nearby events
- These augmented-reality glasses are helping the blind to see again
- With Christmas on the horizon, here’s the best tech-based toys of 2017