OMD FWD 13.03.17
Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of FWD!
Included this week is the launch of SXSW 2017, a secret Tinder version that you wish you were on and a watermelon being zapped by fake lightning.
As ever, please tag and share anything you spot with #OMDFWD.
- Facebook launches ‘Messenger Day’, yet another product that’s similar to Snapchat
- Twitter is testing a feature that highlights profiles with ‘potentially sensitive content’
- Tinder have secretly launched Tinder Select, although you probably haven’t been invited to join
- 45-54 year olds are driving Snapchat’s growth, shows a new report from eMarketer
- 65% of the UK population watch digital video content at least once per month, making it a more common activity than smartphone use
- Airbnb has just closed a $1billion round of funding, which now sees it valued at $31billion
- The 2017 SXSW Festival opened on Friday in Austin, Texas. Here’s what you can expect from the tech industry this year
- Shazam’s new augmented reality platform will bring immersive experiences and visualisations to your phone
- Watch the ‘Backyard Scientist’ recreate the effect of lightning striking a watermelon
- How did International Women’s Day stack up vs previous years? Here’s a look at the numbers behind all of the activity on #IWD2017
- Google/Alphabet’s AI-powered DeepMind division is developing real-time patient data technology that will improve hospital capabilities, treatments and the NHS
- Is your TV spying on you? The recent CIA documents released by Wikileaks suggests that lots of your tech probably is