OMD FWD 11.09.17
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of FWD where’s there’s a plethora of updates, including news that Amazon and Apple are vying for distribution rights of 007, Tinder’s rise to become the top grossing iOS app and WhatsApp’s emergence into the business world.
- Tinder has become the top grossing iOS app as a result of charging people to see who has liked their profile
- LinkedIn’s new Audience Network allows brands to reach their audiences through their native ad formats which can run across third party sites
- Amazon and Apple join the major Hollywood players in a bid to win distribution rights for James Bond, as EBay launches The Entertainment Shop, selling films, music, books, and video games
- WhatsApp has introduced a free Business app for small-medium businesses (it will charge larger ones), as it tests a chat button on Facebook which opens a conversation directly with businesses
- Learn what’s really on the nation’s minds with a list of the most searched for ‘how to’ questions in Google
- A look at back to school shopping habits reveals 43% of shoppers will use their smartphones to do research, as retailers take advantage of ASMR
- Find out what the fastest growing programming language is
- Users across Facebook can help design the Citroën’s latest TV ad, as they select their favourite scenes
- Grolsch has used neuro headsets which have taken brain-waves stimulated by music and turned them into art
- A new smartphone app could help diagnose Heart disease, potentially avoiding a 45-minute hospital procedure
- Google reveals a number of improvements to their Assistant features coming soon
- Teens are spending more time on screen than ever, rather than socialising or exercising, which leads to greater risk of depression
- There are over a million people helping to train AI, as one day it will be embedded into our everyday lives
Please share anything you find interesting on the hashtag #OMDFWD.