OMD FWD 11.06.18
Hello and welcome to this week’s action-packed edition of OMD FWD.
This FIFA World Cup begins this week, and with up to four matches per day it’s the greatest time to be alive! We can expect plenty of drama, prima donna tantrums and hopefully some great goals along the way. But as well as World Cup-related items, other features this week include iOS 12 predictions, Facebook’s musical personalisation update and the tricky question of placing brand purpose within marketing.
- Amazon gets serious about live sports streaming with Premier League package purchase
- Microsoft acquires GitHub (and its 28m active coders) for $7.5 billion
- BuzzFeed restructures its advertising unit to better fit future growth potential
- iOS 12 is upon us, so here’s the best new updates you can expect for your i-devices
- 45.5% of the UK population now listen to online audio, an 11.2% rise from 2017
- Here’s 5 key skills for every modern marketer
- Beats by Dre bring in Guy Ritchie to direct their new “mix-tape” World Cup ad, and it is very Guy Ritchie
- Facebook is finally bringing back music to social media profiles (MySpace fans rejoice!)
- Adidas and Nike have teamed up with Bitmoji to let fans wear World Cup kits virtually