OMD FWD 09.04.18
This week saw a burst of updates from Facebook as they looked to ‘regain the initiative’ as the industry gets to grips with the impact of recent headlines. A bullish initial valuation from the Spotify IPO provided some positive news for the ‘tech’ community.
- Spotify’s IPO got off to a good start despite a challenging climate for tech brands although some investors found its valuation difficult to fathom due to the company’s intangible assets. Their first physical product could be on the horizon in the shape of a smart car speaker and of course we hope they continue doing what they are doing with the ’Genius’
- In a haste to reassure and restore confidence after the scandal, Facebook have launched several initiatives. Including a bulk app removal tool, an ‘unsend’ feature for messenger and closed access to the Instagram API
- YouTube launches TrueView for Reach; a 5 second skippable version
- Elsewhere Twitter are going to refresh users of their ‘rules’ as Snapchat brings back the old chronological timeline for some users
- How Alexa is influencing the next generation of children
- Background knowledge is the reason why we will stay ahead of computers (for now)
- Ever wanted to see what other people search for? This Chrome extension is for you
- Take a tour of Tokyo in 360 degrees
- Manchester City form a partnership with Tinder to promote footballing equality
- Ready Player One recreates 80’s TV titles in 8 bit… Retro
- Tap Bio lets you link to multiple pages from one account
- Google used data analytics to predict basketball game outcomes, and inserted the predictions into ads pre-game
- Have we witnessed the death of the newsfeed?
- Influencer marketing evolves as we better grasp the value in these partnerships by giving individuals long-term contracts and a better understanding of KPIs