OMD FWD 08.05.18
Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of MG OMD FWD.
Friday 4th May saw many brands attempt to ride the wave of ‘Star Wars Day’ yet again, but the clear winner this year has to be Heathrow Airport for their Star Wars departure board. Digital OOH creativity at its finest.
Other features this week are Facebook’s new dating service, Google’s log file data changes and a website to improve the creativity of your out-of-office replies.
- The BBC, ITV and Channel 4 are in talks to create a UK streaming service
- Facebook has unveiled an augmented reality feature for its Messenger app
- Good news for football fans as Twitter agrees a livestreaming deal for the FIFA World Cup in Russia
- Eight things to expect at Google’s annual developer conference taking place today
- In the ongoing struggle against fake news, Facebook says it can now reduce the spread of a false news story by 80 percent
- Is Amazon ready to make a big play in voice search/advertising?
- As Facebook takes on Tinder by announcing a new dating service, will we see the return of the ‘poke’?
- Corona’s WoooHooo.com site allows you to generate unusual out-of-office gifs for when you’re next on holiday
- Google gave its Assistant some new Star Wars-related powers for ‘Star Wars Day’, including cinema ticket-purchasing capabilities