OMD FWD 07.08.17
In the news this week, tougher data privacy laws in the UK, insights about digital TV viewership, chatbot ROI and how social media appreciation from a celebrity is the new autograph.
You can accompany your weekly FWD with the sounds of the world’s ‘most viewed YouTube video ever’ which surpassed 3 billion views this week!
- UK rolls out new data protection to ensure Brits have the right to be forgotten on social channels
- Google is reportedly creating content delivery functionality that mimics Snapchat Discover
- Study finds that top global advertisers are returning to YouTube
- 8 in 10 UK adults use online catch-up technology or subscription services according to the new OFCOM Communications Report
- Facebook Messenger chatbots have been linked to sales in these case studies
- Celebrity Likes are the new autographs
- Under 25s are using Instagram for an average of 32 minutes a day
- How social sharing is changing the way we eat, #FoodPorn is to be celebrated at a London exhibition
- What is honesty app Sarahah, why is it topping the app charts and will it last?
- Intelligent drones using AI are helping stop poaching in Africa
- Training data, RDAs and the business implications of machine learning
- McKinsey’s State of AI Report reveals a mixed picture by industry and charts a race for patents and intellectual property (IP) among the world’s leading tech companies
- Interested in image recognition and detection? Find out how it works in this TED video demo
- Why are VR and AR taking so long to gain ground? It’s being held back by a lack of consistency according to this article
If you see anything that’s FWD worthy in the week ahead, please share using #OMDFWD.