OMD FWD 07.05.2019
Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of FWD.
- The UK ad market will grow by 5.5% by 2020, with WARC predicting the biggest rise from video on demand
- Instagram is testing functionality which hides like counts, as a means of reducing pressure on users.
- The fact checking companies Facebook employs have begun to root out fake photos and memes across Instagram
- Facebook launches tools to help small businesses
- Facebook announces a massive redesign across mobile and app, and brings out a new feature which allows you to secretly like a crush among your friends
- The industry is winning in the fight against bots, as reports show ad fraud is down
- According to parent company Microsoft, engagement rates across Linked In have increased significantly
- Adidas utilises Instagram, as it sees online sales increase
- Vice tackles the issue of teenage suicide across a popular YouTube channel
- Tinder connects users over their love of music as it brings out ‘festival’ mode
- Facial recognition helps owners buy dogs their favourite products