OMD FWD 07.01.19
Welcome to the first edition of FWD in 2019. This week we re-cap on how many Instagram users freaked out over the accidental test that was rolled out, news from 2019 CES as well as Verizon decreasing the value of Oath and much more. Read on for your fill on all things newsworthy!
- Verizon admits defeat with AOL and Yahoo value reduction due to the competition for digital advertising revenue
- A new feature on Twitter called ‘Sparkle’ gives users control over what appears on their newsfeed
- Over the festive break Instagram accidentally published a test where users click through the newsfeed (much like Instagram stories) and the internet went into meltdown mode
- Comscore and Nielsen are racing to become the one true cross-platform measurement provider in 2019
- The best of Digiday Confessions in 2018 with anonymous thoughts from the marketing industry
- 2019 Social Media Trends and Statistics: Stories are going to take over according to this trend watch
- Facebook is working on a strategy for crypto-currency in WhatsApp. A team has reportedly been working on exploring blockchain technologies since 2014
- Samsung has just revealed a shape shifting TV at CES. The 75” TV is made of modular micro LED panels and this is the first time Samsung have been able to create such an advanced TV in a size small enough to fit into homes. The ultimate experience for binge-watching movies and TV shows!
- Instagram is incorporating music into the platform even more with a new option on stories which is a question sticker where friends can tap and suggest songs
- Five charts on eMarketer show the state of Retail Tech; according to Gartner ‘worldwide retail tech spending will increase 3.6% to $203.6 billion in 2019’ so it is worth reading up on this
- Is Facebook taking on Tinder? Inside Facebook’s dating experiment in Colombia
- How social media can make people feel isolated during Christmas
- A look into how marketing for plant-based milk brands has seen an increase over the years
If you see any stories which you think are FWD newsworthy then please do share on social media with the #OMDFWD