OMD FWD 04.09.17
Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of OMD FWD. The kids have gone back to school and the football transfer window has closed, so let’s get our focus back on the media industry.
Included this week are Google’s changes to YouTube, failed start-ups and a new Where’s Wally? to keep you challenged for hours.
As ever, please tag and share anything you spot with #OMDFWD.
- Uber picks former Expedia head to be new CEO
- Google updates the YouTube logo and redesigns the mobile and desktop experience
- Google unveils ARCore, which will make 100m android phones into augmented reality-capable machines
- Funding isn’t everything. Here’s the 10 most-backed start-ups who failed in 2017
- 64% of UK mobile owners think the loss of the data held on their phones would be emotionally damaging, yet so few take out phone insurance
- Google has teamed up with an interactive visual data journalist to bring to life all of the ‘how to’ searches we make (and it’s a lot!)
- Lenovo’s augmented reality Star Wars glasses have just gone to the top of my Christmas list
- Now that the football transfer window has closed, have you ever wondered how long it would take you to earn a footballer’s salary? This very depressing tool will tell you
- Think you’re an ace at Where’s Wally? This 360-degree version just raised things up a few levels