OMD FWD 04.02.19
The Super Bowl may not have been the most exciting game yesterday, but advertisers still turned up in force to launch their big ads. Stella Artois even brought back The Dude, which I strongly abide. There’s a couple of good round ups of the ads here and here. Social conversation however was dominated by the #ImWithKap movement, where people boycotted the game in support of former player Colin Kaepernick.
As always, if you see anything that you think is worth including for next week’s FWD please tag it on social media using #OMDFWD.
- Happy birthday to Facebook, which turns 15 years old today. Here’s a look back at how the platform rose to dominance.
- Twitter is testing a morning news brief functionality to help users stay up to speed with current events
- WhatsApp users on iOS can now include Face ID or Touch ID in their security settings
- Brands continue to focus on developing online marketplaces, with Wayfair the latest to try to compete with Amazon in this space
- 61% of executives intend to deploy ‘explainable AI’ in 2019, according to an eMarketer survey
- 42% of media buyers plan to increase their ad spending on LinkedIn, a new survey discovers
- 3 Social Media campaigns that will help you develop your 2019 strategy
- The team behind the world record Instagram egg have teamed up with Hulu to promote mental health awareness
- A Swedish hotel is offering free stays provided guests stay offline
- People painting pictures of people painting pictures of people painting? This Twitter thread shows a wonderful side to Reddit