OMD FWD 03.12.18
Hello and welcome to this week’s action-packed edition of MG OMD FWD.
December is upon us so that means there’s plenty of Retail focus this week as consumers look to spend big for Christmas. Also included is Facebook’s new product launch and Spotify using our listening habits to fuel their ads.
As always, if you see anything that you think is worth including for next week’s FWD please tag it on social media using #OMDFWD.
- Facebook have launched their co-viewing feature Watch Party to all users
- Disney are the latest big brand to consolidate its online ad platforms through Google
- Instacart are helping grocery stores to digitise and tackle the threat of Amazon/Whole Foods
- Instagram have launched a new option to share stories within restricted groups
- Amazon now accounts for 13.3% of worldwide retail ecommerce sales
- Google have released some key seasonal retail insights using 5 years’ worth of search data
- A new study on social listening highlights the negative impact it can have for brands who are doing it wrong
- Baby Shark alert! Spotify launch their annual end of year campaign based on user listening habits
- Social influencers were hoodwinked by a fake pop-up store for shoes
- Need an infographic that explains blockchains? Look no further