OMD FWD 03.07.17
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of FWD where we have a plethora of updates from Facebook, 10 ways the iPhone has changed the world, an attempt at using AI to assist in cyber-security and a fascinating exposé profiling the science behind generating fake news.
- It has come to light that Snapchat acquired patents from start-up Drop which would allow users to post photos to locations and alert friends when they pass by and they have also launched hair lenses to keep momentum
- Nike and Instagram tie up to sell seamlessly through the platform
- Facebook has launched new transparency tools and is updating the newsfeed to attempt to counter fake news and spam. A far cry from their side project that aims to provide the unconnected world with Wi-Fi by drone that has made its first successful landing
- As we pass its 10th anniversary, here are 10 charts that show how the iPhone changed the world
- Today’s consumers like branded stories, tailored and custom content according to Time Inc.
- Instagram powers ahead of Snapchat for fashion brands
- Spotify builds a collaborative playlist bot for Facebook Messenger showing off the potential for assisted group chats
- Twitter unveils new marketing campaign dialling up its many guises and uses
- Royal Caribbean tries to lure in ‘Generation Snapchat’ with spectacles built into diving goggles
- The science and tech behind generating convincing audio and video fake news
- Yet more reasons why bots will not replace humans, as Cisco unveiled intent-based networking that uses AI to deliver a leap forward in cyber-security
- How the World’s editors are approaching new tech