OMD FWD 02.05.17
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of FWD.
As Twitter numbers soar, Google spares your blushes by helping you find your parked car, whilst Amazon Echo tells you what it really thinks of your outfit. You can even chew the fat with Albert Einstein on Messenger and once you’re done, learn how to give your brain a much-needed digital detox. If anything piques your interest, please share at #OMDFWD
- Twitter sees a welcome growth spurt in Q1, with 9 million new users in the last 3 months and announces a content streaming partnership with Bloomberg
- Channel 4’s launches personalised VOD ads that will call out your name
- Founder of Wikipedia Jimmy Wales launches an online newspaper in a bid to combat fake news
- Mobile drove 99% of new online advertising money in 2016
- GenXers spend more than millennials on smart home devices
- Is it time for a digital detox?
- Chat to Albert Einstein on Messenger with National Geographic’s brilliant chat bot
- Heineken encourages us to embrace our differences and bond over a beer with their new #OpenYourWorld campaign
- Help the northern white rhino find a mate by swiping right on Tinder