OMD FWD 01.10.18
Hello and welcome to this week’s FWD. This was the week we saw the two founders of Instagram step down from Facebook as well as Snapchat showing Instagram what it’s got with a new feature called Bounce.
- Google aims to remain Apple’s default search provider
- BBC launches online only content called BBC Reel available on BBC website and YouTube
- Snapchat launches Bounce (much like Instagram’s Boomerang) and rolls out global self-serve shoppable ads
- Why Retailers need to get ahead with Visual Search Trends
- BARB data now pulls in TV sets, tablets, PCs and smartphones however this doesn’t include Netflix and Amazon Prime viewing
- Tim Berners Lee is building the next stage of the internet, an open-source project called Solid
- How to find and play Google’s hidden game
- Snapchat links visual search to Amazon listings, taking away the pain for customers of crawling the internet to find that one thing you had spotted and wanted
- Easyjet curates holidays ideas based on Instagram images uploaded into their app
- How are teens using social media today? Deep dive here
- How Video OOH (VOOH) is challenging online and social
- Listen to this Podcast interviewing the Instagram founders and what they think will happen in the future of tech
If you see anything you think is FWD-worthy, please use #OMDFWD on social channels and we will look to include.