MG OMD FWD – 9th July 2019
The recent release of the new Stranger Things series had everyone excited, even the boss of Netflix rival Jeff Bezos. The Amazon 25th anniversary had commentators looking back on their beginnings while the company itself looked to the future, applying for permission to send their first satellite into space.
- Instagram introduces new measures to restrict bullying on the platform and also launches new Stickers to allow users to join Group chats
- British Airways have been fined £183 million over a data breach that affected 500K customers
- Tik Tok is getting into Rewards but can it overcome brand safety fears?
- Google will start showing how busy the bus or train is going to be on your commute
- E-Commerce continues to grow amid Brexit slowdown
- When Facebook went down we got a glimpse of their A.I. image categorisation
- A survey of companies using artificial intelligence by IDC found only 25% had an overall A.I. strategy and projects have a failure rate of over 50%
- Amazon is looking to create a QVC style shopping channel on Twitch for Prime Day
- Snapchat have launched Bitmoji tennis
- Brita pollutes influencer content with their #NoFilterNoFuture campaign
- Still got your old cassettes? You can now play them with this bluetooth enabled cassette player
- Waze are using their data to predict car crashes and cut emergency response times
- An interview with the professor who came up with the idea for the Facebook oversight board
- Some families are hiring experts to help them raise ‘screen free’ kids