What’s happened this week
- *Ofcom released the 2011 International Communications Market Report, benchmarking many of the world’s major media markets.
- The world’s communication sector was worth GBP 1.132trn in 2010.
- Facebook timeline went live outside the US. Expect to see consumers curating their own lives with great care.
- Twitter received a $300m investment from a Saudi Prince valuing the company at USD10bn.
What we have learned:
- IBM’s 5in5: 5 technologies that will gain traction within 5 years from biometric security to ultra targeted advertising.
- NFC is expected to finally reach the mainstream in 2012. It is useful for many things beyond low value payments.
- Renault will integrate a tablet called the R-Link in to some 2012 models.
Where to find more:
TWiD will be taking its Christmas and New Year break for the next couple of weeks.
We will see you for more Digital snippets in 2012.